OPERATION PROTECTIVE EDGE
Israel is under rocket attack & our soldiers of the IDF are once again
being called upon to defend our Homeland,
let us each do our part in helping secure the safety of our nation
& the success of Operation Protective Edge.
Contact your US Representatives & Senators
& urge them to stand with Israel.
Ask them to make a public statement of support
for Israel’s right to defend itself with Operation Protective Edge.
BLIZZARD OF RECIPES
We have 25 new recipes in our new Breakfast Directory.
We've also included the breakfast recipes that have
previously posted on Kosher Woman.
So altogether there's almost 50 recipes!
It's not to late to send us your recipes to
FAST DAY NEXT WEEK
Tuesday, July 15th is the 17th of Tamuz Shiva Asar B'Tamuz
The 3 weeks begins with this fast.
To learn more about what you can & can't do on this Fast Day
& during the remainder of the 3 weeks visit
Laws of the 3 weeks
NEW PARENTING PAGE!
You are responsible for setting boundaries for your children
but you're not responsible for doing everything for your child
KOSHER CONSUMERS RULE!
Thanks to all the complaints from Jewish customers,
Kraft foods, working with the OK,
were able to change the ingredients
of several Philadelphia Cheese Spreads
to meet the OK's standards.
So the following spreads will remain Kosher.
- Philadelphia Original Fat Free Cream Cheese Spread
- Philadelphia Strawberry Fat Free Cream Cheese Spread
- Philadelphia Milk Chocolate Cream Cheese Spread
- Philadelphia Chipotle Cream Cheese Spread
- Philadelphia Caramel White Chocolate Cream Cheese Spread
- Philadelphia Dark Chocolate Cream Cheese Spread
- Philadelphia 2x Protein Original Cream Cheese Spread
- Philadelphia 2x Protein Honey Cream Cheese Spread
- Philadelphia Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Spread
- Philadelphia Brown Sugar & Cinnamon Cream Cheese Spread
KOSHER WOMAN SPOTLIGHT
Women Who Have Overcome Challenges
From Sunday Bible School teacher to Orthodox Jew!
Her odyssey from Baptist Sunday school teacher in Brazil
to an Orthodox Jewish Fashionista living in Canada is inspirational!
STAY AWAY FROM TANNING SALONS
A new study suggests that young adults who are exposed to
ultraviolet radiation from lamps used for indoor tanning
have a greater risk for deveoping basal cell carcinomas at a young age.
A PILL TO TREAT HAY FEVER
Instead of having to run to the allergist for your allergy shots,
the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) is going to make life easier for you.
Recently, the FDA approved, the first ever, under the tongue pill, Oralair,
to treat hay fever caused by certain grass pollens.
HOW IT WORKS
- The initial dose is taken in a doctor's office so that the patient can be monitored for any
- The follow up doses are taken at home
- Take the 1-a-day pill
four months before the start of the grass
pollen season & continue
taking it for the duration of the season
- So depending on where you live in the world, you may have to wait until next summer to try these pills
- Oralair is made by Stallergenes S.A. of France
- Most common side effects reported by patients taking the pills were ear, mouth & tongue
itching, swelling of the mouth & throat irritation.
- Excerpted from HealthDayNews
USDA MERCURY WARNING
The U.S. Food & Drug Administration & the Environmental Protection Agency
have warned pregnant & breastfeeding women, those who might become pregnant
& young children to avoid fish that is high in mercury.
To find out more information about which fish is safe
& how much you can safely consume
visit our new page on MERCURY IN FISH.
GUEST FRIENDLY SHULS
If you're traveling to the Netherlands this summer visit
our first European Guest Friendly Shul
Gerard Dou Synagogue in Amsterdam.
ON IMPROVING YOUR MARRIAGE
MOST COUPLES ARGUE
Couples can stay married even with frequent arguments because afterwards
- Spouse is supportive of their goals & life style
- Spouse responds to most of their needs
- Life goes back to normal
- If this is how arguments go in your home, then it's ok to have them
Additional pages on Improving Your Marriage
Copyright © 2014 KosherWoman.com
All rights reserved