COLD & FLU SEASON IS HERE
Our page on Bad Habits That Will Give You A Cold Or The Flu
focused on prevention in your home, work place & public areas.
How To Avoid The Flu Or A Bad Cold
is about specific ways to protect your body
BLIZZARD OF RECIPES RESULTS
- July 9 - Breakfast Directory now has more than 50 recipes
- July 23 - Dairy & Pareve Directory now has more than 100 recipes
- August 6 - Salad & Dressing Directory now has more than 60 recipes
- August 20 - Quinoa Directory now has more than 35 recipes
- September 3 - Pasta Directory now has more than 35 recipes
- September 17 - Chicken & Turkey Directory now has more than 35 Recipes
We now have over 500 recipes on KosherWoman.com!
Thank you for sending us your recipes for the 2014 Blizard of Recipes.
NEW PASTA SAUCES
Many of our pasta recipes can be converted from Dairy to Pareve
if the 'cheese' used is Vegan (no dairy)
So we added 5 new VEGAN CHEESE RECIPES
to use with our Pasta recipes
VEGAN RECIPE DIRECTORY
NEW HEALTH PAGES
Now we've added a page on
DO-IT-YOURSELF FACE MASKS
KOSHER WOMAN SPOTLIGHT
Interviews With Women
Who Have Overcome Challenges
Tanya Solomon, a Kosher Woman, who was the winner on a recent
Guy's Grocery Games on the Food Network Channel!
Read about all the challenges Tanya encountered & overcame
on her journey to win this contest at Guy's Grocery Games!
NEW PAGES ABOUT HAIR CARE
Click twice on each of these links at the top of every page
under the 8 pictures.
The 8 directories & more are also available on the left side bar.
GUEST FRIENDLY SHULS MINYAN OHR CHADASH
IMPROVING YOUR MARRIAGE
FISH GUIDELINES FOR PREGNANT WOMEN
MAY BE TOO STRICT
For years, pregnant women have been advised to minimize their fish intake
- The U.S. government has been advising expecting mothers
to eat no more than 12 oz
of fish a week
- They were concerned that mercury, found in nearly all fish could harm their babies'
Researchers at the University of Bristol in England
have found that eating fish accounts for only 7 percent of the mercury
in a person's body which is much lower than assumed
This study & previous studies have found that
- Eating fish during pregnancy benefited kids' IQ & eyesight
- Fish isn't the only food bringing mercury into our bodies - herbal teas, alcohol, white rice
& fresh fruit were also associated with higher levels of blood mercury
For more information
For Pregnant Women & Women
trying to become pregnant& parents of children
Mercury & Fish
BOTOX INJECTIONS FOR CROW'S FEET
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
said Wednesday that Allergan's Botox Cosmetic injection
is the first drug approved to treat the wrinkles
that form on the outside edge of the eyes.
Allergan Inc. studied use of the drug in 833 adults with crow's feet
who randomly received Botox or a sham injection.
Patients who received Botox had fewer visible wrinkles
than those who received the placebo drug.
The most common side effects seen in patients
were swelling and excess liquid around the eyelids.
AD SPACE AVAILABLE HERE
ON THIS PAGE
Copyright © 2014 KosherWoman.com
All rights reserved